Friday, April 16, 2010

the building continues.....

Today I started putting up the walls. This is a slow process, and involves lots of clamps, glue, tape and a square, but it's starting to take shape. These pictures are one of the living room walls and the staircase that will lead to the second floor, once there is one.


I'm loving the way the stairs are looking! I don't know if I could deal with them in real life though cause I have serious issues with heights. Still they look cool and will fit beautifully with the style of this house.
The glass windows are turning out every bit as great as I hoped they would. They'll look much better once the clamps and tape are removed, but I want to make sure that they are good and dry before removing them. Although the guy that's cutting my glass for me is being wonderful and really giving me some great deals, I'd prefer not to take any chances on some of that trim coming loose and a piece breaking.

Now, lets go around the corner to what will be the kitchen.


At this point, I'm hoping to be able to get the counters and cabinets in tomorrow. I decided that a BIG window was important in there too. Got to have lots of light to cook by. Where that glass wall ends, I'm going to put in a couple of glass doors. They are drying right now and should be in tomorrow.

So, until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment