Friday, May 7, 2010

The wall...


I'm starting today's entry with the wall. Of course it will look better once it's finished, but here is the outside of what will be seen from the inside.... does that make sense?



This picture shows what it will look like when open. Not a real pretty sight, but most people will never see this when it's on display.

These next three pictures are the wall from the inside.



You can see how nice and snugly the wall fits with the inside of the rooms. This was super important to me. I don't want people to be able to look at it and say, "Oh, this is how you get inside." I want them to have to look long and hard.

As you may have noticed, there is a new stair case added in the hall way. Yup, I decided that a square spiral would go well there to reach my elusive third floor. Here's a better view of it...

Yes, I noticed one of my rail supports is crooked. *sighs I will fix that before I add the top hand railing. It must have slipped before the glue got dry. That happens.

Well, as you can see, progress is being made. It won't be much longer before I am off to get more glass, and get ready to add the third and last floor. I still have bathroom fixtures to put in, so I will work on them this weekend. Hopefully sometime next week I will be wrapping up this second level.

Until next time....

1 comment: