Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slow as the tortoise...

Yup, I'm feeling like the tortoise in "The tortoise and the hare" story. I spend the whole day working my butt off, yet when it comes time for pictures for this blog, there is little to show. It's not that I'm working slow really, it's just that I have gotten to a part that has lots of detail to work properly, and it is REALLY time consuming!! Between drying times and little things that really don't show, it doesn't make for fun and exciting pictures.
*sigh*

Still, I move steadily forward.

Todays offerings are the doors in room two.



Well, I got the closet doors finished and installed. They slide well now, and look pretty good, I think. I also finished the door to the bedroom, but have not installed it yet. It's just propped in place for the picture and so I could get a good look at it. I look at the room, and am not really pleased. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it doesn't have that clean modern feel I am going for. I'm thinking that I WILL replace the closet doors with mirror, and I may paint the top panel of the door (where the wallpaper is) with the color that is on the adjoining painted wall. I think that may help.

Here's another view..

See, that doesn't look as bad. I think there is just way too much wallpaper in that first picture. That'll teach me to try and cut costs. I guess I'll just have to buy the pieces as I can afford them, and if it takes longer, well then, it just takes longer.

As I said, there really isn't as much to show you as I'd like, but I did get the main bathroom door designed the way I want. I have decided to go with a "ocean" theme in there, and I added this awesome sea-horse to the back (inside) of the door. I will add a hook in his eye to provide my tiny dollhouse with a place to hang a towel or robe. That should look cool.

I am planning on coming back in with some paint and adding some detail to this little guy so that he really pops. It should look cool when done, then I can get it installed.

Well, I know it doesn't look like much, but I am pleased with where it's headed. We'll see what I can get done today.
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. What a great project and look forward to seeing more off it, good luck, and the mirror idea sounds neat

    ReplyDelete