Thursday, May 6, 2010

FINALLY I can work on the dollhouse again!!!!

This varnish took FOREVER to get to the point where it wasn't tacky anymore!!! I guess varnishing it in the hottest and most humid time of the year really wasn't the smartest thing I could have done.... But it's done and dry and now I can move forward!

So, yesterday I set about attaching the movable outside wall. Hinges that can be hidden by trim seemed my best route. They took a while for me to get them exactly right so that the door/wall sits nice and flush against the house so walls can be added to it seamlessly, but it worked out well, I think.

This wall can now be opened and closed to allow access to the entire inside of this side of the dollhouse.

Looks good doesn't it? I am pleased.

Today I should be able to start adding walls to it so that they fit all nice and snugly into the house. I also need to start figuring out exactly how I will be able to "lock" the wall into the closed position. I don't want just anyone being able to open and close it while I am displaying it in shows. I'm thinking I'll do pins.... something like I did for the removable glass walls on the first floor, but I'll have to see how well they can be hidden.

Now, I want y'all to know that I wasn't just sitting doing nothing during my "down" time. I worked long and hard creating plants for this house that will also be for sale. I don't want to post the pictures till they are in place. They have turned out great though, and again, I am pleased.

So, until tomorrow....


  1. it is really coming together! absolutely love the wall finishes. so cool!

  2. Wow, this is quite impressive! Doing step by step blog posts is a great idea. I look forward to seeing the finished piece.